Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Hope

My previous blog was one that was rooted in negativity. My hope with this blog is to move away from the negative for a moment and hopefully provide people with a place of understanding and hope. I, myself, having been through many of life's ups and downs, hope to bring a renewed sense of optimism. These thoughts expressed through this blog are intended to be interpeted individually and uniquely. My sense of positivity comes from within and was established early in life. It's funny because so many people I see on a daily basis mention to me that they never see me unhappy, and that I'm always smiling. It provides me with a sense of importance because it feels as though I am able to affect these people's lives with something as menial as a smile. My thoughts are exactly that, my thoughts. Not to sound cliche but I try to llive everyday as if it were my last. Meaning when I wake up in the morning, I like to embrace each day with positivity. I find that many people who are struggling to find "happiness" are often so wound up and anxious to find this " happiness" that they fail to realize that happiness cannot be attained. But rather "happiness" is a state of mind. This state is one of peace and harmony, regardless of surroundings. Anyone can find happiness, it's there for us to embrace everyday. It's not money. it's not job security, it's not rocket science. It is what it is. It is realizing how beautiful the little things in life are. The earth, our friends, our family, our parents, and our children. When we as a culture are force-fed imitation happiness, we fail to notice that while we are trying to locate happiness in a materialistic world, rather than allowing happiness to grow with us from the start of each day. Truly embracing the Grace of God for allowing us to reap the wonders this world has to offer. Happiness is not something physical, and it is however everywhere around us. Just remember that happiness is found in the small things in life.



GJM

No comments: